Mission, Vision, and Values
The Department of Administrative and Financial Services is a proactive, innovative service organization of state government.
Our mission: To serve the public and deliver essential services to state government.
Our vision: Provide quality services, leadership and accountability, and perform in a manner warranting the highest level of public confidence.
Our values: Excellence, teamwork, and innovation; open and continuous communications; diversity, integrity, and humor; a helpful, courteous, and positive attitude; personal and professional growth; pride in our work; respect for our fellow state employees and the citizens we serve.
How we get there:
Provide quality services to our customers by:
- Partnering with state agencies to meet mutual objectives.
- Delivering products and services on time and in a professional manner.
- Enhancing customers' knowledge of and access to services.
Provide leadership and accountability by:
- Promoting state-of-the-art systems.
- Assisting the Legislature and state agencies in meeting their fiscal, human resources, and operational responsibilities.
- Managing revenues, resources and costs to ensure accountability in the State of Maine's financial performance.
Perform in a manner warranting the highest level of public confidence by:
- Promoting excellence, innovation, communication, and teamwork.
- Recognizing the abilities and achievements of state employees.