The State Board of Corrections
Purpose of the board.
The purpose of the board is to promote public safety, establish a unified, efficient jail system that encourages collaboration among the counties, the department and the judical branch, and develop and implement a coordinated correctional system that demonstrates sound fiscal management, achieves efficiencies, reduces recidivism and ensures the safety and security of correctional staff, inmates, visitors, volunteers and surrounding communities.
**ALL BOC MEETINGS WILL BE POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE**
STATE BOARD OF CORRECTIONS MEETING: January 28, 2015, 1:00 p.m. POSTPONED
Items of Interest:
- 2015 Board Meeting Schedule
- 2014 Board Meeting Schedule
- Studies and Legislation:
- Contacting the Board:
- The Board's offices are in the Marquardt Building on 32 Blossom Lane/Tyson Drive (the former Augusta Mental Health Institute)
- The postal address is 111 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333
- You may email the Office Associate,
- You may call the office by phone: (207) 287-4369.
About the Board:
Board of Corrections: January 28, 2015, 1:00 p.m.,
- Corrections Working Group: TBA
Finance Committe: January 15, 2015, 1:00 pm West Wing Conference Room, 2nd FL, Tyson Building 25 Tyson Drive, Augusta, ME
- Programs Committee:TBA
Jail Operations Committee:
- Standards Committee: TBA