Home > Cases of Interest
Cases of Interest
The Office of the Maine Attorney General participates in litigation to protect the public interest and public rights of Maine citizens. Certain cases in which the Office is involved are highlighted here because of their particular importance to Maine people. Cases of particular importance often arise because of the number of Maine people affected, the significance of the issues addressed, or the level of interest exhibited in the case either within or outside Maine.
Offered here are brief summaries of cases of interest and, when available, legal documents pertaining to these cases. Our goal is to inform the public about these cases, and to assist attorneys or others concerned with the details of the litigation in obtaining pertinent documents.
- MaineRx :: Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America, Petitioner, v. Kevin Concannon, Commissioner, Maine Department of Human Services, and G. Steven Rowe, Attorney General of Maine, Respondents.
- Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, et al., v. Environmental Protection Agency: View the Brief (PDF) :: View the Opinion (PDF)
- State of Maine v. Price-Rite Fuel, Inc., Veilleux Oil: View Complaint (PDF) :: View Complaint (Word) :: View Law Court Decision (PDF)
- State of Maine v. Credit Solutions of America, Inc.: Complaint
- State of Maine v. Credit Solutions of America, Inc.: Consent Judgment
- State of Maine v. MaineHealth, Maine Medical Center, Maine Cardiology Associates, P.A. and Cardiovascular Consultants of Maine, P.A.: view Consent Decree (PDF) :: view Order on Motion to Intervene (PDF) :: view Notice of Appeal (PDF)
- State of Maine v. Joel David Poirier: View Complaint (PDF) :: View the Bankruptcy Court Complaint
Also see: Recent Environmental Cases