In an effort to encourage Mainers to get outside and safely practice social distancing, Governor Mills and Commissioner Camuso enacting the following changes effective immediately:
- Anglers are permitted to fish in inland waters without the required recreational fishing license through April 30, 2020
- This change does not apply to individuals whose license has been suspended or revoked
- This change does not apply to activities which require a commercial freshwater fishing license or permit
- All inland waters that traditionally open to open water fishing on April 1 will now be open to open water fishing effective immediately
- This change does not open any body of water to ice fishing that is currently closed to ice fishing
All other tackle, length and bag limits and special regulations still apply. Click here to review the current fishing laws.