Field Team Partners
The Maine Conservation Corps (MCC) partners with federal, state, municipal, and non-profit organizations. The primary focus of the MCC Field Team is construction and rehabilitation of recreational trails, but teams may also engage in a variety of other conservation projects. MCC projects must be on land open to the public.
MCC offers project planning and assessments at a daily rate. Please share your ideas and organizational needs.
Teams operate in groups of 3 or 6 from mid-June to mid-October annually. Our members are volunteers serving in the AmeriCorps National Service program. Field Team projects have included: stone work, bridging, erosion control structures, boundary line maintenance, and construction of new trail.
- A team of 3 to 6 members, including a Team Leader
- 9 to 15-week training for Team Leaders, depending on experience
- Chainsaw Safety Training
- One week Member Orientation
- Hand tools and power tools for the projects
- General project management and ongoing support to teams
- Camping equipment for teams
- Liability and worker's compensation insurance
- Promotion of volunteer events
Field Team Partners Provide:
- Fee for service at a weekly rate
- Project materials and delivery
- Housing (a campsite for the team)
- Specialized equipment, if needed (ATV, tractor)
- Regular communication with the team and MCC staff
Field Team Partner Database
Join MCC's Field Team Partner list or update your organization's contact information through our online form.
2019 Project Proposals are Due March 22nd.
Subsequent requests for proposals maybe released throughout the year when/if there is availability.
Request for Projects
- Field Team Project Proposal Form (Word 1.2 MB)
- Field Team Project Proposal Instructions (Word 1.2 MB)
Forms for Current Partners
Looking for funding
Our Funding Options document provides information for our partners about potential funding sources.
For more information or questions, please contact: