Ecological Reserve Reports
- Maine's Most Pristine Wetlands, Implementing a Long-Term Monitoring Plan, MOHF Report, January 2011 - 2.2 MB pdf
- Ecological Reserve Status Report, July 2009 - 400 KB pdf
- 2011 Monitoring Report - 300 KB pdf
- 2009 Monitoring Report - 400 KB pdf
- 2005 Monitoring Report - 776 KB pdf
With the guidance of a multi-disciplinary team, the MNAP drafted an Ecological Reserves Monitoring Plan (pdf file-1.53MB) (July 2003) that describes monitoring at the species, natural community (stand), and landscape levels. As of 2009, baseline monitoring had been conducted on all Reserves, resulting in data from over 450 long term monitoring plots. The monitoring effort is subject to funding availability; prior efforts have been supported by the Maine Outdoor Heritage Fund, The Nature Conservancy, and the Bureau of Parks and Public Lands. A 2005 monitoring update (pdf file - 776 KB) includes a comparison of forest structure on Ecological Reserves to (1) forests from the rest of Maine, and (2) known old growth sites. A 2009 monitoring update (pdf file - 399 KB) is also available.