New! Maine Invasive Plants Field Guide New!
Rare Plant Publications
- A Landowner's Guide to Conservation of Furbish's Lousewort and the St. John River - 2.4 MB pdf
- Furbish's Lousewort, The St. John River - 1.8 MB pdf, La pédiculair de Furbish - en françes 2 MB
- The Small Whorled Pogonia: A Recovering Endangered Species - 1.6 MB pdf
- A Guide for Conserving Wild Plants of Maine - 1 MB pdf
Native Plant Publications
- Native Plants: A Maine Source List
- Gardening to Conserve Maine's Native Landscape: Plants to Use and Plants to Avoid; (Printer Friendly Version - 283 KB pdf )
Invasive Plant Publications
- Maine Invasive Plant Overview Brochure - 900 KB pdf
- Invasive Plants Threaten Maine's Natural Treasures; (Printer Friendly Version - 273 KB pdf)
- Purple Loosestrife: What You Should Know, What You Can Do; (Printer Friendly Version - 4 MB pdf)
- Giant Hogweed, Heracleum mantegazzianum - 3 MB pdf
- A Homeowner's Guide to Managing Giant Hogweed - 2 MB pdf
In addition, you may contact the Maine Geological Survey at 207-287-2801 to purchase the following:
- Biological Diversity in Maine: An Assessment of Status and Trends in the Terrestrial and Freshwater Landscape, by S. Gawler, J. Albright, P. Vickery, and F. Smith. 1996. $15.
- Biological Diversity in Maine: Appendices, by S. Gawler, J. Albright, P. Vickery, and F. Smith. 1996. $10.
- Ecology and management of Maine's Eelgrass, Rockweeds, and Kelps, by G. Wippelhauser. 1996. $6.50.
- The Eccentric Bogs of Maine: A Rare Wetland Type in the United States, by R. Davis and D. Anderson. 1991. $6.50