Open Farm Day
Open Farm Day celebrates agricultural awareness, to connect the public with farmers, and support Maine agriculture year-round. Join us as we highlight farms who welcome your inquiries to connect directly.
About Open Farm Day
Save the date! July 24, 2022 is Open Farm Day.
We celebrate Maine agriculture year-round, and Open Farm Day is an extra special day to visit a farm and discover more ways to enjoy farm products year-round! Maine's Open Farm Day gives visitors the chance to explore host farms throughout the state the fourth Sunday in July rain or shine. Please visit RealMaine.com to learn more about this special invitation to see Maine agriculture where it happens, get tips for a good visit, and find a list of participating farms.
For Host Farms
Registration for this annual event happens via Real Maine membership portal.To take advantage of all the promotional opportunities, host farms should sign-up by May 1. (Those who sign up between May 1 and July will have limited promotional opportunities.)
Current & potential participants: Receive emails and updates about Open Farm Day
- Agritourism Best Practices (DOCX)
- Preparation Checklist (DOCX)
- Blank Daily Schedule (PDF)
- QR Code Visitor Survey Sign, Print-ready, 8.5 x 11 (PDF) – Invite your visitors to use their mobile device QR codes to provide real-time feedback during the event when they are at your farm.
- Directional Signs, Print-ready, 8.5 x 11 (PDF) – A set of 13 signs to help farmers direct and instruct farm visitors to agritourism activities.
- Agritourism Sign, Print-ready, 24 x 30-inch (PDF) – Includes required language from liability statute. May be used as an option to professionally print sign for agritourism activities.
- Liability in Maine Agritourism Statute - Review the State of Maine statute about agritourism liability
- Farm Safety Check: Agritourism - Planning information and safety check lists.
- Extension Training for Agritourism Development - Video modules and supplemental planning material.
- UMaine Cooperative Extension - Variety of agritourism resources for farms.
- Maine Bureau of Insurance, Consumer Guide to Insuring Your Farm –This covers the basics of property and liability coverage. It is a tool for understanding risk management on your farm.
|January - May||
|May - July||
|Fourth Sunday in July||Open Farm Day!|
Interested farm participants should contact Anne Trenholm at ACFOpenFarmDay@maine.gov or 207-287-7620 with questions.