State of Maine Agricultural Trades Show
Mark your calendars! The 2020 Agricultural Trades Show will be held at the Augusta Civic Center on January 14, 15 and 16, 2020.
For Exhibitors & Meeting Hosts
The State of Maine Agricultural Trades Show takes place every January and serves as a source for agricultural resources and products. Producers and consumers alike visit this three day show to take stock of current programs, new technologies and to gather information on the agriculture industry. This show is sponsored by the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry and provides promotion opportunities for businesses and organizations on the trade show floor, but also houses various lectures, certification courses and annual meetings throughout its duration. The event has activities geared towards promoting industry collaboration and progress.
- Exhibit Space Update: New layout planned for the 2020 Show (PDF)
- Exhibit Map: To Be Announced
- First Floor Map - Augusta Civic Center (PDF)
- Second Floor Map - Augusta Civic Center (PDF)
Schedule for 2020 Ag Trades Show
The 2020 Show Schedule is To Be Announced. Subscribe to the news alerts for updates. Be sure to check the event schedules at the show for any final updates.
The Ag Trades Show takes place at Augusta Civic Center, 76 Community Drive, Augusta, ME 04330.
2020 Trades Show Press
- 10/25/19 - Maine Ag Trades Show Newsletter: Planning the Show and Save the Dates!
- 8/30/19 - DACF Launches Online Tool to Gather Interest in Upcoming Trades Show
2019 Trades Show Press
- 1/14/19 - Maine Farm Bureau to Have Table at 78th Annual Maine Ag Trades Show
- 1/14/19 - Visit the Resource Room at the Ag Trades Show
- 1/11/19 - Join the Maine Grocers & Food Producers Association at the State of Maine Agricultural Trade Show
- 1/10/19 - Kids Smoothie Demonstration at the Ag Trades Show
- 1/9/19 - UMaine Cooperative Extension: Weather-based Crop Management Tools Event
- 1/9/19 - Agricultural Trades Show Highlights Growing Maine Agriculture!
- 1/2/19 - Beginning Farmer Sessions Return to Ag Trades Show Jan. 15-17
- 12/19/18 - UMaine Cooperative Extension Ag Leadership Training Workshop
- 12/19/18 - Core Manual Training for Pesticide Licenses at Ag Trade Show
- 12/14/18 - Senior FarmShare Training at Ag Trades Show
- 12/13/18 - Respirator Fit Testing at the State of Maine Agricultural Trades Show
- 12/10/18 - Schedule Your Meeting with Ag Business Advisors at 2019 Ag Trades Show
- 12/6/18 - Strawberry School at Maine's Agricultural Trades Show
- 12/6/18 - Farm Labor Sessions at Maine's Agricultural Trades Show
- 11/27/18 - Produce Safety Workshops at Maine's Agricultural Trades Show
Interested in being a part of this great event? Exhibit with us!
Are you interested in the 2020 show? Use this form to communicate your interest. The Department use responses to select participants and assign conference, exhibit, and presentation spaces.
Request Amenities for your participation in the show. Each form has a list of available offerings and the respective prices. This information is shared with the venue to plan the show setup.
If you do not need amenities, you do not need to complete the form. Per the agreement, you may bring your own table, chairs, and signage. Itemized invoices with your requested information will be sent to the billing address on file. Please make checks payable to Treasurer, State of Maine.
|Meeting Session Description Form||Form to submit updated information for the printed schedule for meeting sessions. Sample meeting agenda (DOCX)||November 11, 2019|
|Booth Amenities Request||Form to request booth amenities (tables, coverings, skirting, electricity, etc.) for exhibitors awarded space.||November 11, 2019|
|Meeting Amenities: A/V Request||Form to request audio visual needs, microphones, projectors, etc.||November 11, 2019|
|Courtesy News Releases (DOCX)||Submit a final version of a press release to be featured in the Ag Trades Show Newsroom courtesy releases. Content is scheduled to go out via the Department’s trades show listserv, and post in the event newsroom.||December 1, 2019|
|Food and Beverage Order Form (DOCX)||If your meeting or event during the ATS requires food or beverage, the Augusta Civic Center is pleased to accommodate. Fill out and return form to Augusta Civic Center||January 1, 2020|
|Exhibitors Breakfast||Form to RSVP and request ticket the exhibitor breakfast and networking session scheduled 1/16 in the morning before the show opens. All exhibitors invited.||December 1, 2019|
For All Show Participants
- Exhibitor and Meeting Host Checklists (PDF) - Reminders and tips to pack for the show. Includes space to add your own needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of companies exhibit?
Those who sell and provide goods and services to agricultural based-businesses.
What types of meetings occur?
The Ag Trades Show aims to provide a venue for information for attendees to learn more about best practices for all aspects of sustaining their agricultural business. Meetings should be relevant to this topic so as to provide value, instill cross-promotion and knowledge sharing for Maine’s diverse agricultural economy.
What other events occur?
The Ag Trades Show is an opportunity for members of the public to learn more about the role and value of agriculture, and its importance to rural communities and the state of Maine as a whole.
In addition to meetings and exhibits, there are demonstrations and workshops, and a producer and product showcase, which is an opportunity to purchase Maine food, goods and provisions. We hope you will join us to network and support Maine agriculture!
Is the event open to the public?
The event is open to the public. We encourage the public to download the annual event, which is published in the end of November, beginning of December each year.
Can I request booth and/or room amenities, food and beverage?
Exhibitors may request amenities such as tables, electrical, A/V, projectors, and food and beverage. Please use one of these forms to submit your requests. This information is due after the initial request to participate. To request these services, please complete by the required deadline.
Are there advertising and promotional opportunities?
Exhibitors, meeting hosts and presenters are encouraged to join the conversation using #MaineAgTradesShow on social media. Additionally, a courtesy release service is available. Content should be a final, edited version of a press release. They should feature unique, newsworthy highlights about your participation in the show, calls to action (i.e., schedule a meeting at the show, sign up for unique activities, promotional features, direct to social media or website for detailed information.)
Exhibitor Dates and Deadlines
|October 1, 2019||Complete reservation to express your interest in the show.|
|November 11, 2019||
|December 1, 2019||
|Late winter/early spring 2020||Submit interest to participate in a future show|
For any questions or more information about the event, please contact Anne Trenholm at 207-287-7620 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org