Purchase a List
What are the requirements to purchase a list?
You must be a Maine licensed private investigator
What information is available from Maine Unclaimed Property?
The alphabetized list contains all unclaimed items reported at least two years ago with a value of $1,000 or more OR with shares of stock or mutual funds on the account. Included in the list are the following:
- owner name(s) and last known address
- the property ID number (reference number for our database)
- the year it was reported to the State of Maine*
- the number of shares of stock or mutual funds**
- the property's cash value**
- a description of the unclaimed property
- the name of the holder (who reported the property to the State of Maine)
* Report Year 1993 represents report years prior to 1996 when we converted our computerized database system.
** Cash value and number of shares of stock or mutual funds will not appear for any item from report year 1996 or later. These values/amounts have never been made public and remain confidential under 33 M.R.S.A. §1971(4).
The list is available in PDF format at a cost of $75.00 which also includes S&H. Please make checks payable to "Treasurer, State of Maine" - sorry, no starter checks accepted. Payment must be received prior to shipment. You must also include a copy of your Maine Private Investigator License.
The list is updated by the 15th of each January and July.