OIT Utilizes Juniper to Hold Webinar
Web Enabled Conferencing Expanded
By Shawn Hembree, OIT
Recently the leadership of the Office of Information Technology utilized the Juniper Secure Meeting application to hold a webinar on the new OIT organizational structure and impact. The use of this tool was well received and it was decided to rerun an article we ran in the January 17th edition that explained its value and how to utilize it.
Through OIT's current Juniper Network Access product, state employees are able to utilize two types of web conferencing; Instant Meeting and Secure Meeting. As with many web conferencing tools being used by the private and state sector, Juniper's product enables employees to share files, share desktops, give presentations, collaborate on documents and chat securely.
- An Instant Meeting can be set to begin at anytime, even immediately. The initiator, called the conductor, sets the meeting, applies all of the invitee's role-level settings, such as authentication requirements, remote control, and secure chatting.
- A Secure Meeting is a two-person support meeting that is primarily intended to allow a user to quickly troubleshoot another user's problem.
To utilize Juniper Instant Meeting or Secure Meeting an employee must be familiar with using the Juniper product. If an employee is not familiar with Juniper, assistance is offered by contacting the OIT Customer Support Center at 624-7700.
Instant Meeting and Secure Meeting work within the State's network as well as outside the state network. State employees initiate the meeting by inviting other state employees, private sector individuals and business partners through a secure session into the State of Maine 's network and into the meeting. The functionality works on a one to one basis or one to many.
Key benefits of using Secure Meeting
- Uses a standard Web browser and Internet connection
- Works through firewalls and proxies
- Intuitive user interface
- Works cross-platform
- 100% of traffic is encrypted using SSL/HTTPS transport security
- No peer-to-peer backdoor
Click on the link below for further information on Juniper Networks Secure Meeting and the following link will provide you with OIT's instruction sheet.