Boat Registration Renewal
By Kimberly Duplisea, InforME
Don’t be stuck inside this spring when you could be outside enjoying the weather! The online Boat Registration Renewal service, provided by the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife and InforME, allows users to renew an existing boat registration. Available 24 hours a day at www.Maine.gov or www.maine.gov/online/boat, this easy service will get your boat registered in a matter of minutes.
Users will need to provide a few items of information to take advantage of the service:
- Registrant Information including owner name and address
- Boat Information, including Serial Number or Registration Number
- Credit/debit card (MasterCard, Visa & Discover)
- A printer, if you wish to print a copy of your temporary registration
- And, the town in which the boat is primarily moored (non-residents) or the town in which you reside (residents) must participate in the online service
Following completion of the online form and providing payment, you will receive a confirmation page that contains a temporary registration. This temporary registration allows the use of that boat until the official stickers arrive in the mail.
Don’t forget, if you have a transport trailer, it may need to be registered, as well. This can also be easily accomplished through the trailer registration renewal service provided by the Bureau of Motor Vehicles and InforME. Available 24 hours a day at http://www.maine.gov/online/trailerrenewal , the online service allows renewal of any excise tax exempt trailer. As with the boat registration renewal service, registered owner, vehicle information and a Visa or MasterCard (credit or debit) for payment is required. This service also provides you with a temporary registration that can be used until your official stickers arrive in the mail.
For a complete list of sporting services that can help you spend more time outdoors, visit www.maine.gov/online/sporting.