Maine Department of Health and Human Services
Direct Hire Vacancy Announcement
CODE: 3111 RANGE: 15 SALARY: $12.53 - $16.43 Hr.
Value of State-paid Health & Dental Insurance: $359.27 biweekly (base salary<$30,000.00)
Value of State-paid Health & Dental Insurance: $340.81 biweekly (base salary $30,000.01- $79,999.99)
Value of State's share of employee's retirement: 11.54% of pay.
Opening Date: October 4, 2012
|| Kris Albert
October 19, 2012
| (207) 287-1871
The Department of Health and Human Services provides supportive, preventive, protective, public health and intervention services that protects the public health and assists our customers in meeting their needs; and that assists families in providing for the developmental, health and safety needs of their children. DHHS strives to provide these programs and services while respecting the rights and preferences of individuals and families.
The Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services (SAMHS) is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive plan for addressing substance abuse and mental health across the state.. It administers service through contracts with community service providers and establishes statewide standards for substance abuse prevention, intervention, treatment, and recovery. SAMHS regularly assesses the extent of substance abuse through a variety of data collection methods, including required reporting from all providers and regular surveys of a variety of populations.
The Librarian I duties involve the day-to-day operation of the Information and Resource Center (IRC) within the Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services. This position will:
- Assist other IRC staff with daily duties of answering telephones, scheduling media and equipment, signing out library materials, and filling resource requests
- Support SAMHS staff and the public in finding substance abuse information using print and online resources, including the IRC online catalog
- Provide appropriate referrals to SAMHS staff, state & local agencies and other supportive services
- Actively promote IRC services by staffing conference & workshop vendor tables and instructing individuals or groups in the use of the IRC catalog
- Create, update and distribute informational materials in both print and electronic formats that support the educational efforts and mandates for information
- Maintain a quality collection of materials with the responsibility of ordering, organizing, inventorying and cataloging pamphlets and monographs for the Resource Center
A Bachelors Degree in Library Science or four (4) years of progressively responsible library experience.
Application and Information
For additional information about this position please contact Kristine Albert, Personnel Officer at (207)287-1871 or e-mail us at email@example.com. To apply, please forward a completed State of Maine application form, prior to the recruitment closing date.
Department of Health and Human Services
HR Service Center: attn: K. Albert
#11 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0011
The Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
The Department of Health and Human Services is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
We provide reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.