Maine Department of Health and Human Services
Direct Hire Vacancy Announcement
CODE: 4307 RANGE: 31 (Pro/Tech) $23.43 - $31.89/hr.*
*An additional .60/hr direct care stipend and a $4.25/hr stipend are also paid in addition to base rate.
Value of State-paid Dental Insurance: $13.69 biweekly
Value* of State-paid Health Insurance:
- Level 1: 100% State Contribution (employee pays nothing): $363.77 biweekly
- Level 2: 95% State Contribution (employee pays 5%): $345.58 biweekly
- Level 3: 90% State Contribution (employee pays 10%): $327.39 biweekly
- Level 4: 85% State Contribution (employee pays 15%): $309.20 biweekly
*The level of the actual value of state paid Health Insurance will be based on the employee's wage rate and status with regard to the health credit premium program as of July 1, 2011.
Value of State's share of employee's retirement: 11.54% of pay
Opening Date: May 30, 2012
|| Kris Albert
July 27, 2012
|Location: Riverview Psychiatric Center|
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) provides supportive, preventive, protective, public health and intervention services that protects the public health and assists our customers in meeting their needs; and that assist families in providing for the developmental, health and safety needs of their children. DHHS strives to provide these programs and services while respecting the rights and preferences of individuals and families.
Riverview Psychiatric Center is a center for best practice, treatment, education and research, for individuals with serious, persistent mental illness, and co-occurring substance use disorders.
Riverview Psychiatric Center is seeking a Physician Assistant or Family Nurse Practitioner to provide professional medical services work in directing the delivery of primary care oriented services to hospitalized psychiatric patients under the supervision of two primary care physicians. Work includes conducting physical examinations, performing assessments, diagnosing illnesses, counseling, making patient referrals, providing health education, determining treatment needed, ordering tests and procedures, and prescribing medication to provide for the health, safety and treatment of patients. Work also includes overseeing the dispensing of medical treatment by the direct care staff. Work is performed under administrative direction with review by a supervising physician.
Representative Tasks Include:
- Performs complete examinations, including neurological screening in order to establish patient's physical and/or psychiatric condition and enter patient data in medical records.
- Develops and formulates prognosis and treatment plan under review of supervising or secondary physician in order to ensure patient needs are met.
- Prescribes medication and other treatment interventions in order to provide medical treatment.
- Obtains medical and/or psychiatric history and prior medical and/or psychiatric records and notes and records physician progress notes in order to maintain medical history in compliance with established medical records standards.
- Orders, conducts, and interprets laboratory and other diagnostic tests in order to confirm or deny preliminary diagnosis.
- Recommends and prescribes patient therapy and medication in order to provide optimal services and to ensure patient receives prompt, efficient medical treatment.
- Provides medical care and treatment to patients, under supervision of a physician, in order to ensure patients receive prompt, efficient, medical interventions.
- Provides vacation relief for the two primary care physicians.
- Determines medical necessity and refers patients to community physicians, specialists, or surgeons for consultation and treatment where necessary in order to ensure proper treatment.
- Advises and counsels patient, family, and groups on disease and/or therapy in order to help them understand and cope with problems. Treats patients in medical emergency situations in order to ensure patients emergency needs are met promptly.
- Develops instruction and instructs direct care staff and health professionals in order to enhance staff knowledge of treatment techniques.
- Directs and evaluates the work of technical, professional, and direct care subordinates in order to ensure medication, treatment plans, and nursing procedures are followed.
- Admits patients in the absence of the in-house physician in order to assist with new admissions.
- Writes discharges, transfer resumes, and daily progress notes in order to provide necessary documentation.
- Confers with patients and directs treatment teams in order to develop individual patient treatment program.
- Educates individuals in health matters in order to increase their motivation to assume responsibility for their own health care.
- Maintains medical staff membership and credentialing at all times.
Graduation from an approved Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant program.
Licensing Requirement: Licensed to practice as a Nurse Practitioner as issued by the Maine State Board of Nursing -OR- as a Physician Assistant as issued by the Maine State Board of Registration of Physicians. The license must include authority to prescribe medications.
Application and Information
To apply, please forward a State of Maine Direct Hire application form postmarked on or before the recruitment closing date to:
Kristine Albert, Personnel Officer
Riverview Psychiatric Center
11 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04332
The Direct Hire application form is located at: http://www.maine.gov/bhr/statejobs/howto/direct.htm
The Department of Human Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
The Department of Health and Human Services is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
We provide reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.