2012 Maine Council for the Social Studies Conference: “Strengthening the Common Corps: Teaching for Citizenship in the 21st Century”
Published:September 27, 2012
This message is being sent on behalf of the Maine Council for Social Studies. Any questions can be directed to the Maine Council for Social Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strengthening the Common Corps: Teaching for Citizenship in the 21st Century
2012 Maine Council for the Social Studies Conference
The 2012 Maine Council for the Social Studies Conference will be held on Friday, November 9th at the Augusta Civic Center with Civic Education as this year’s theme. Highlights include:
- Retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor will present a videotaped address responding to questions submitted by Maine teachers.
- James Melcher, political science professor at University of Maine, Farmington will deliver the keynote address on civility and principled partisanship.
- Maine DOE Social Studies Specialist, Kristie Littlefield, will explain LD1211: An Act to include Civics in the Social Studies and History Courses required for a High School Diploma and share information on the public release and review of the College, Career, and Civic Life (C3): The State Standards for Social Studies.
- Education Commissioner Steve Bowen will speak about the state of education in Maine.
- Eighteen great breakout sessions!
An online registration form and breakout session descriptions are located on our website.
The registration fee is $75.00.
This promises to be an interesting and relevant conference. Space is limited to 200 participants, so please register early!
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.