Custom Technical Training: Package Maker
Published:June 12, 2012
We are pleased to announce 2 days of MLTI Custom Technical Training to be held at the Apple Training Center (Pineland Campus, New Gloucester) on June 27-28, 2012 (9:00am - 4:00pm). There is no charge to attend this training but registration is limited to 20 people per day. Meals will not be provided.
You can register for this session on our Events Page
If you have any questions, please call the Apple MLTI Project Office at (207) 688-4501. Please see below for training descriptions.
This session will cover the creation of basic packages using the 'Snapshot' feature, laying out package projects manually, to more complex packages with pre- and post-flight action scripts.
- Creating a package installer via Package Maker's snapshot feature.
- Creating a package project laying out payload contents manually.
- Creating a package that performs specific actions before and/or after payload is delivered.
- Creating a 'Payload-free' package to deliver a script (e.g. via ARD)
- Creating a package with a custom user experience
The primary goal of this session is to explore some of the underlying utilities available in Mac OS X for increased efficiency of management tasks. Some of the topic areas included are:
- Package "deconstruction"
- Installation receipts and logging
- Package making workflow
- Automated Package making techniques
Each participant needs the following to fully participate:
1 - MLTI MacBook to use as the package development machine (please have the Developer Tools installed, or at least 5GB available hard disk).
1 - Freshly imaged MLTI MacBook to use as the test machine for installer packages.
1 - USB restore drive for the above machine(s)
Participants should also bring their list of questions or tasks they would like to review during the class.
Thank you The MLTI Team