2011 MLTI Fall Meeting
Published:November 1, 2011
The 2011 MLTI Fall Meetings have been scheduled and online registration is now available. The topic of the meeting is "MLTI - The Next Stage: Designing Classrooms for Learning Beyond School Walls". Attendees will answer the question: How can we help learners work efficiently, effectively, and ethically in our digital world and learn from each other using social media and social environments?
The 2011 Fall Meetings will best benefit Teachers and Tech Integrators, although Principals, Assistant Principals, Curriculum Coordinators, Librarians and Tech Leads are welcome to participate.
- Understand the role of social media in the world of students today;
- See how to leverage some forms of social media as learning tools and environments;
- Learn techniques for shaping the classroom experience using technology;
- Learn techniques for projecting learning spaces beyond the confines of the classroom;
- Learn exemplary technology-based assessment practices.
8:00 - Coffee and connectivity. Notebook distribution
8:30 - Introductions and Updates
9:00 - Keynote: Are You a Digital Citizen?
10:15 - Breakout 1
11:00 - Breakout 2
11:45 - Lunch
12:45 - Reset the stage: Social Media Revolution
1:00 - Assessment: How can we use social media to determine what learners know and can do?
2:00 - Breakout 3
2:45 - Debrief, Wrap-up, Evals
November 7: UMaine at Farmington
November 8: Waterville Grand Hotel
November 9: UMaine Machias
November 10: Northern Maine Community College
November 14: Saco Ramada Inn
November 15: Bowdoin College
November 16: Hutchinson Center, Belfast
November 18: UMaine at Orono
The MLTI Team