Three webinars this week on Maine121.org!
Published:April 25, 2011
Students Learning Effectively With Technology: Do you Know It When You See It? facilitated by Chris Toy
April 26, 2011 at 4:00pm
Be sure to join us on Tuesday May 26th from 4-5 PM for this month's MLTI Principal's Webinar. The topic will be Students Learning Effectively With Technology Do you Know It When You See It? ISTE NETS for Students. We'll be joined by Auburn Middle School Principal, Jim Hand, Auburn Tech Integrator Carl Bucciantini, Mt. Ararat High School Principal Craig King, and possibly some of his iTeam members! There will also be some time to learn some more about Auburn's mobile learning with Kindergarten students!
Myths, Legends, and Facts About Speech Recognition Software: A Demonstration and Discussion of Dragon for Mac and PC facilitated by Cynthia Curry
April 27, 2011 at 3:15pm
Speech recognition software converts spoken words to text and has been increasingly used in educational settings by students with varied needs and preferences. But what makes speech recognition a good match for a student? What are the situations and conditions under which students experience the most success? Join us as Ryan DeLone of Nuance Communications (http://www.nuance.com/) demonstrates, discusses, and answers questions about Dragon Speech Recognition.
Do It Yourself (DIY) STEM: Online Resources to Make, Break, and Blow Things Up facilitated by David Small
April 28, 2011 at 3:15pm and 7:15pm
The DIY world is bursting at the seams these days with Makers, Hackers, Inventors, Tweakers, Coders, Steampunks, and myriad other folks who share a creative urge to invent things that nobody has yet figured out or take apart, modify, and adapt things that someone else has taken a lot of time to put together. You’ll find them in their home garage, to be sure, and you’ll find the best of them at Hackerspaces and Maker Faires. So join us for an hour of tips & tricks and a selection of internet resources that can help you figure out how you, too, can come up with an idea and then build it!
To register, please visit Maine121.org, view our calendar on the Webcasts page, and select the time of the webinar you wish to participate in to be directed to online registration.
Keep in mind:
- All of MLTI’s webinars are free and contact hours are available.
- Webinars are recorded and made available for viewing on the Maine121 Archives page.
- The current schedule of MLTI’s 2010-2011 Webinar Series’ can be found by going to Maine121.org and clicking on the WebCasts tab at the top of the page.
MLTI’s 2010 - 2011 Webinar Series:
- Feed Forward - Designed for teachers & technology staff, these occur on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 3:15pm. These are facilitated by the MLTI Team.
- Principal Leadership - Designed for principals & assistant principals. These will run every 4th Tuesday at 4:00pm and are facilitated by Chris Toy.
- Thursday Teacher Webinars - Designed for classroom teachers, these webinars will take place every Thursday at 3:15pm and 7:15pm. These are facilitated by MLTI Professional Development Staff.
MLTI Project Team
email@example.com MLTI Team