Jim Wells, MLTI Integration Mentor
Jim has been involved in education both in and outside of the classroom since 1993. Specializing in Social Studies, his work in high schools and middle schools in both the US and the UK has given him a wide perspective on teaching and learning which he brings to his work with the MLTI. With a strong belief in the success of student centered learning models, and a commitment to inquiry based learning, he views the opportunities provided by the MLTI project as essential to student success in Maine.
Kingston University, London, BSc Geography, 1992
University of London Institute of Education, Post Graduate Certificate in Education, 1994
- Taught in Middle and High Schools in both London and Maine
- Member of Consortium for GIS Education in Maine
- Presenter at many conference in Maine and nationally, including ACTEM, MAMLE and ISTE
- I live in Western Maine with my wife and two growing sons.
- USA Archery Level II Coach, training many archery coaches along the way.
- City destinations are my favorite getaways, as an antidote to rural living.
View Jim's blog postings on Maine121.org.