Mary Callan, MLTI Integration Mentor
Mary joined the MLTI team in the fall of 2012. She has indepth experience in standards-based curriculum, research-based teaching and learning, and leadership and change. Mary has been a classroom teacher and middle school principal for over 30 years in Maine schools. Throughout that time, she has been an early adopter and advocate of the use of technology to support student learning. Her main objective is to work with Maine teachers and leaders as they continue to transform their classrooms and schools to provide students with rich learning environments.
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership and Change, Fielding Graduate University
- M.Ed., Supervision and Evaluation of Teaching, University of Maine, Orono
- B.S. Elementary Education, University of Maine, Farmington
- Apple Professional Development, Cupertino, CA
- Thomas College Adjunct Professor, Masters in Education, Waterville ME - University of Maine Adjunct Professor, Masters in Education, Farmington and Orono, ME
- Past President and Co-Chair of Maine Middle Level Association and Bright Futures Middle Level Commission
- Author of several articles regarding teaching, learning and leadership
- Recipient of various awards and recognition for leading exemplary middle level schools and programs
- Lifelong learner and leader!
Mary lives in Belgrade, ME with her husband. She is an avid gardener, kayaker, cook, and lover of books (both paper and digital)! She enjoys spending time camping, cooking, reading, and playing with her two grand-children.