September Events at the Presque Isle CareerCenter
September 6, 2012For Immediate Release: September 6, 2012 Contact: Patty Perry, 760-6300
Presque Isle—The Presque Isle CareerCenter announces September programming for job seekers and those who are considering training to upgrade their skills to increase their employability.
• Intro to Training—workshops offered Sept. 4, 11, 18, 25, 9–10 a.m. Find out what your training and education options are in this one-hour workshop.
• Creating Winning Resumes—workshops offered Sept. 5, 19, and 26, 9 a.m.–noon. Learn how to create a professional resume and walk out the door with one in hand after this three-hour workshop.
• Gateways to Employment—workshop offered in two locations: Houlton on Sept. 11, 9–10 a.m. and in Presque Isle on Sept. 14, 9 a.m.–noon. Want to jump start your job search? Learn new strategies, proper interviewing skills and the correct way to fill out a job application.
• W.I.S.E. Event: Ticket to Work—Sept. 12, 9 a.m.–noon. Utilizing SSI or SSDI? Come in to find out what your employment options are. Find out what incentives are available to you without affecting your insurance or monthly income.
• Financial Aid—Sept. 19, 9 a.m.–noon. Get assistance with college planning and financial aid. Please pre-register at 800-281-3703 or meoc.maine.edu .
CareerCenters, part of the Maine Department of Labor, offer a variety of services to help people find employment or upgrade skills. Each center provides several public-access computer workstations with Microsoft Office software, resume writing and cover letter software, Internet access and O’Net software for skills assessment. All CareerCenter services are free of charge.
Call (207) 760-6300 or 1-800-635-0357 (TTY users call Maine Relay 711) for additional information and to register for workshops held at the CareerCenter. The CareerCenter, located at 66 Spruce Street in Presque Isle, ME 04769, is open 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday through Friday. You can also find more information at the CareerCenter website, www.mainecareercenter.com .
Maine CareerCenters are an equal opportunity provider. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.