An Order to Amend the Order Regarding Dirigo Health Reform
July 6, 2006
18 FY 06/07
WHEREAS, a Blue Ribbon Commission on Dirigo Health was created pursuant to Executive Order 14 FY06/07 (dated May 24, 2006) to make recommendations with respect to long-term funding of Dirigo Health and cost containment methods in order to continue the efforts of Dirigo Health; and
WHEREAS, carrying out the responsibilities of the Blue Ribbon Commission requires the dedication and commitment of key constituencies; and
WHEREAS, representatives of all such constituencies have not yet been identified; and
WHEREAS, a comprehensive approach to funding must be evaluated:
NOW, THEREFORE, I, John E. Baldacci, Governor of the State of Maine, do herby modify Executive Order 14 FY 06/07 in the following manner:
- By amending Section II, Duties, to include, after the second bullet, the following:
• Conduct interviews with Legislators recommended by Democratic and Republican leadership and members of the Joint Standing Committees on Health and Human Services and Insurance and Financial Services before the second meeting of the Blue Ribbon Commission in order to inform the Commission’s agenda and financing options; and
• Seek input from and report regularly to Legislative leadership and the Joint Standing Committees on Insurance and Financial Services, Health and Human Services and Appropriations throughout the Commission’s deliberations.
- By amending Section III, Responsibilities, to read as follows:
The Blue Ribbon Commission on Dirigo Health shall submit a report with recommendations to the Governor no later than December 15, 2006.
- By amending Section IV, Membership, to read as follows:
The Blue Ribbon Commission on Dirigo Health shall consist of no more than twenty (20) members. The Governor shall appoint the chair. Members shall include representatives of key constituencies including, but not limited to, business, providers, insurers, consumers, labor, the Dirigo Health Agency Board, enrolled businesses and the Governor’s Office of Health Policy and Finance.
The Blue Ribbon Commission will be staffed by members of the Governor’s Office of Health Policy and Finance and the Dirigo Health Agency, and, as necessary, by the Bureau of Insurance, the Department of Administrative and Financial Services, and the Department of Health and Human Services. Additional assistance will be provided the staff of the Muskie School of Public Policy and its consultants.
In all other respects, the terms of Executive Order 14 FY 06/07 remain the same.
The effective date of this Executive Order is July 6, 2006.