Teaching Guide and Activities
People to People: Legislating Maine
LESSON 6: ADJOURNMENT
At the end of Lesson 6 students will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of an effective citizen.
- Evaluate and defend positions on current issues regarding individual rights and judicial protection.
- Describe and analyze the process by which a proposed law is adopted, including the role of governmental and non-governmental influences.
- Explain the history and functions of Maine state government including the Constitution of Maine .
- Allow class time for students to take the post-test over People to People: Legislating Maine .
- Collect portfolio/folders/notebooks for “The Path to Maine Lawmaking.”
- Copies of test.
- Copies of evaluations for each portfolio/folder/notebook.
- Grade post-tests and compare results with students' results on pre-tests.
- Use form to evaluate folders/notebooks.