Skip Maine state header navigation

Agencies | Online Services | Help

Skip First Level Navigation | Skip All Navigation

Home > News > F.O. Bailey Co. 100 Years Incorporated

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 14, 2012
Contact: Megan Sanborn
(207) 441-0501

Secretary of State Charles E. Summers, Jr. to Recognize the F.O. Bailey Company for 100 Years of Incorporation

AUGUSTA, Maine -- Secretary of State Charlie Summers will recognize the F.O. Bailey Company for achieving 100 years of incorporation during their Milestone Celebration at the Office of Verrill Dana in Portland on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 2:00 PM.

Originally founded in 1819 by Henry Bailey, the business got its start as a general merchandise store at Ingraham Wharf.  When Henry Bailey died in 1867, the business was carried on by his son, F.O. Bailey and was incorporated with the State of Maine in 1912.  The company was purchased by Joy and Jack Piscopo in 1977 and today F.O. Bailey provides expert consulting and appraisal in the sale of fine art and antiques to clients from all over the U.S.

The Department of the Secretary of State Division of Corporations maintains records for over 80,000 business entities and nonprofit corporations. Other Maine corporations celebrating 100 years of incorporation during 2012 include: Carmel Bible Conference; St. Michael’s Center; Atlantic Fireman’s Educational Association; The Community Schools at Opportunity Farm and Camden; Buck’s Harbor Yacht Club; Murray Corporation; The Waterford Library Association; Maine Osteopathic Association; Farmington Farmers Union; North Haven Casinol GFWC Maine; and Little Diamond Island Association.