- Open to students in both middle and high schools, grades 6-12.
- Topic should explore Maine Native American History
- Essays should be between 500-1,000 words, typed and double-spaced.
- A registration form should accompany each essay or group of essays and can be mailed to the address listed on the form or submitted by email to email@example.com .
- Essay entries for an entire class may be submitted with one registration form; however, each entry must be clearly marked with the student's name, grade, school and a contact person's name .
- Entries are due on November 8, 2013
- Essays will be reviewed by a panel of expert judges, who will select a winner in both the middle school (grades 6-8) and high school (grades 9-12) categories.