about the archives
- Civil War Sesquicentennial Narratives Project
- This project highlights Maine people who lived during the Civil War. The stories draw on primary sources from the Maine State Archives and other historical societies and libraries around the state to document Maine’s experiences during the period from November 1860 through 1865.
- Civil War Correspondence
- A brief overview of each of the major categories of Civil War correspondence.
- Complete listing of Civil War Photos
- About 600 photographs of Maine Civil War officers which were solicited by the Adjutant General during and immediately after the War, plus a few images of privates and non-coms which have been donate.
- Chamberlain Letters
- List representing a summary of Joshua Chamberlain correspondence, including dates and where letters were written.
- Muster Rolls
- "Summary Unit Histories and Related Records" are finding aids for each Maine Civil War units.
- Andersonville National Cemetery
- A list of Maine soldiers buried in Andersonville National Cemetary, including soldiers rank, company and regiment.