Home → Already Licensed
To renew your license, you will need:
- Your name as it appears on your license;
- Your license number;
- Your record of completed Professional Development Hours;
- A method of payment in the amount of the required fee
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION MORE THAN ONCE, OR YOU MAY BE BILLED MORE THAN ONCE.
- Once you are notified that you have completed your renewal, you will be able to print out a license.
- Don’t forget -- if you deal with the public your license must be prominently displayed in your workplace.
- All professional engineers licensed in Maine must complete 30 hours of professional development (PDH) in each two-year license period.
- Licensees are solely responsible to keep accurate records of PDHs and to obtain sufficient documentation to prove their attendance if audited.
- Licensees must keep the records of their PDH attendance for a period of three years.
- The approved form for recording the PDH activity is the PDH Activity Log.
- Maine does not pre-approve PDH courses.
- PDH courses should be relevant to the practice of engineering and may include technical, management and ethics topics.
The Approved Seal is 1-3/4 inches in diameter, known as Size #1. In addition to indicating the State of Maine, the seal should bear the licensee’s name, license number, and the legend “licensed professional engineer.”
As shown in the image, it is preferred that the lettering be in all caps, so that the seal remains clear to read even after image transfer.
The license number must be present and may be designated by any term likely to indicate to an observer that it is the license number (e.g. License Number, No., #, etc.). Given that license numbers are becoming longer, and are the only number present on the seal, it is not required that any designation be present with the license number.
Applicants who wish to take retired status in Maine must: