Board Meeting Minutes: April 23, 2013
Present: Board members present were: Mandy Holway Olver, P.E., Chair; Clifton W. Greim, P.E, Vice-Chair; George W. Ames, P.E; Kenneth Sweeny, P.E. and Lawrence E. Bartlett, P.E. Also present was David Jackson, Executive Director.
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 9:00AM by Chair Mandy Holway Olver in the First Floor Conference Room, 295 Water Street in Augusta.
1. Minutes of previous meeting and other preliminaries.
2. Executive Committee (Chair)
- Office Staffing: During the Board Meeting on March 21, 2013, this discussion was postponed for this special meeting scheduled for April 23, 2013. The Executive Director prepared a report and budget forecast which was submitted to the Board prior to the meeting.
After considerable discussion and upon motion by Mr. Greim and second by Mr. Sweeney, the Board voted 5-0 in favor of creating the position of Executive Director as a full-time State position.
A list of tasks assigned to the Executive Director and summarized in the email dated June 17, 2013, is attached.
3. Finance Committee: (Greim)
4. Rules Committee: (Sweeney)
5. Examinations Committee: (Grant)
6. Information Committee: (Olver)
7. Complaint Committee: (Ames)
- Licensee: None
- Unlicensed: None
- Complaints filed by other jurisdictions against Maine PE licensees: None
8. Special Committees:
9. Reading of communications:
10. Reading and considering applications:
- Review and concurrence of Chair/Executive Director actions
- New Engineer Intern (E.I.) Applications
- Recently certified Engineer Interns
- New P.E. Applications (Exec Dir)
- Tabled and previously considered
- Reexamination requests: None
- Other applications or requests: None
11. Unfinished Business:
12. New Business:
13. Oral Exams:
- Next scheduled meetings are: June 20, 2013 and August 15, 2013
- Meeting adjourned at 11:13AM
David W. Jackson Jr. Executive Director