Board Meeting Minutes: May 22, 2012
Members Present: Board members present were: Donald A. Grant, P.E., Chair; Mandy Holway Olver, P.E. ,Vice Chair; George W. Ames, P.E; Kenneth L. Sweeney, P.E.; Clifton W. Greim, P.E.; Lawrence E. Bartlett, P.E. Also present was Warren T. Foster, P.E., Executive Director.
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 9:12 a.m. by Chair Dr. Donald Grant in the First Floor Conference Room at 295 Water Street in Augusta.
1. Approval of the minutes of previous meetings on March 21, 2012
- There were no corrections or additions to the minutes. On a motion by Ms. Olver, seconded by Mr. Bartlett, the Board voted (5 in favor, 0 opposed) to approve the minutes. Mr. Ames was not present at the time of the vote.
2. Executive Committee (Grant)
- Executive Director Position (Sweeney/Olver)
After a lengthy discussion the Board on a motion by Mr. Sweeney, seconded by
Mr. Greim, voted (6 in favor, 0 opposed) to contract for one year a full-time temporary Executive Director to replace Mr. Foster who is retiring.
- NCEES 91st Annual Meeting, August, 22-25, 2012 in St. Missouri.
On a motion by Mr. Sweeney, seconded by Dr. Grant, the Board voted (6 in favor,
0 opposed) to send Mr. Bartlett as the NCEES funded delegate and Mr. Greim
as the first time funded delegate.
- 2012 Northeast Zone Interim Meeting (Bartlett) Mr. Bartlett distributed a summary of highlights from the 2012 Northeast Zone meeting be attended in Delaware from May 3rd to 5th.
3. Finance Committee: (Ames)
4. Rules Committee: (Sweeney)
5. Examinations Committee: (Grant)
6. Information Committee: (Olver)
- Spring Newsletter
7. Complaint Committee: (Ames)
- Licensed: None
- Un- Licensed
- Complaints filed by other jurisdictions against Maine PEs
- David B. Granger: At the March meeting the Board asked Mr. Foster to obtain a copy of the South Carolina disciplinary action taken against Mr. Granger’s professional engineer license and to inquire of Mr. Granger whether his license has been subject to discipline in any other jurisdiction. The April 5, 2012 letter to Mr. Granger ,his April 13, 2012 response and copies of disciplinary actions from Oklahoma and South Carolina were made available to Board at the May meeting. On a motion by Mr. Sweeney, seconded by Mr. Greim, the Board voted (6 in favor, 0 opposed) to take no action against Mr. Granger’s license and to renew him for the next two years.
8. Special Committees:
- Report by the Continuing Education Committee,(CEC )(Bartlett)
Mr. Bartlett reported that the Continuing Education audit for licensees renewing
between January 1, 2012 and March 31, 2012 were sent on April 17, 2012.The CEC will be meeting today after the Board meeting is adjourned to review audit
9. Reading of communications:
10. Reading and considering applications
- Review and concurrence of Chair/Executive Director actions:
- Temporary certificates issued.
- Licenses authorized for NCEES Certified Applicants.
- Comity licenses authorized by the Executive Director and Chair.
- Licenses by written examinations.
- Licenses by oral examinations.
- Reexaminations authorized by the Executive Director.
- New Engineer Intern (E.I.) Applications.
- Recently certified Engineer Interns.
- New P.E. Applications.
- Tabled and previously considered.
- Reexamination Requests
- Other applications or requests.
11. Unfinished Business
12. New Business:
13. Oral Exams:
- Future meetings, June 21, 2012 and August 16, 2012
- Meeting adjourned @ 10:25 AM