Skip Maine state header navigation
OFFICE OF SECURITIES
121 STATE HOUSE STATION
IN THE MATTER OF: )
Waters, Parkerson & Co., Inc. ) CONSENT AGREEMENT
Suite 512 ) No. 02-043-CAG
This Agreement is entered into between
the State of Maine Office of Securities ("Office of Securities") and
Waters, Parkerson & Co., Inc. (" Waters, Parkerson
& Co.”), a broker-dealer located in
WHEREAS, the parties agree as follows:
1. At all relevant times, it has been unlawful in Maine for a person to act as a broker-dealer unless licensed or exempt from licensing under the Revised Maine Securities Act, Title 32 Maine Revised Statutes Annotated §10101 et seq.
Waters, Parkerson &
Co. filed an application with the Office of Securities for licensing as a broker-dealer
It is the Office of Securities' position
that Waters, Parkerson & Co. has acted as a broker-dealer
& Co. has represented to the Office of Securities that the violations occurred
as a result of the two
7. Both parties desire an expeditious resolution of this matter.
NOW THEREFORE, without trial or adjudication of any issue of fact or law, and without Waters, Parkerson & Co. admitting or denying that its conduct violated the Revised Maine Securities Act, it is agreed that:
1. Waters, Parkerson & Co. will comply with all licensing and other legal requirements governing persons acting as securities broker-dealers in the State of Maine at all times from the date hereof;
2. In lieu of the Office of Securities seeking the imposition of a penalty for the allegations contained herein, Waters, Parkerson & Co. will pay the sum of $3200 to the Office of Securities upon Waters, Parkerson & Co.'s execution of this Agreement; and
3. The Office of Securities will not take further action against Waters, Parkerson & Co. based upon its unlicensed status during the period preceding and including the date of execution of this Agreement, PROVIDED, however, that this paragraph applies only to those transactions previously disclosed to the Office of Securities by Waters, Parkerson & Co.
Date Christine A. Bruenn
Date Stephen J. Casamento
Waters, Parkerson & Co., Inc.