Skip Maine state header navigation
OFFICE OF SECURITIES
121 STATE HOUSE STATION
IN THE MATTER OF: )
Tradex Brokerage Service, Inc. ) CONSENT AGREEMENT
This Agreement is entered into
between the State of Maine Office of Securities (“Office of Securities”) and Tradex
Brokerage Service, Inc. (“Tradex”), a broker-dealer located in
WHEREAS, the parties agree as follows:
1. At all relevant times, it has been unlawful in Maine for a person to act as a broker-dealer unless licensed or exempt from licensing under the Revised Maine Securities Act, Title 32 Maine Revised Statutes Annotated §10101
10. By letter dated
11. By letters dated
12. It is the Office of Securities’
position that Tradex has acted as a broker-dealer in
13. Tradex has represented to the Office of Securities that the violations were inadvertent oversights.
14. Both parties desire an expeditious resolution of this matter.
NOW, THEREFORE, without trial or adjudication of any issue of fact or law, and without Tradex admitting or denying that its conduct violated the Revised Maine Securities Act, it is agreed that:
1. Tradex will comply with all licensing and other legal requirements governing persons acting as securities broker-dealers in the State of Maine at all times from the date hereof;
2. In lieu of the Office of Securities seeking the imposition of a penalty for the allegations contained herein, Tradex will pay the sum of $3,756.91 to the Office of Securities upon Tradex’s execution of this Agreement; and
3. The Office of Securities will not take further action against Tradex, based upon its unlicensed status during the period preceding and including the date of execution of this Agreement, PROVIDED, however, that this paragraph applies only to those transactions previously disclosed to the Office of Securities by Tradex.
Date William F.X. Morton, President
Tradex Brokerage Service, Inc.
Date Christine A. Bruenn
Date Bonnie E. Russell
Assistant Securities Administrator
Date Cathy J. Williams