Skip Maine state header navigation
OFFICE OF SECURITIES
121 STATE HOUSE STATION
IN THE MATTER OF: )
Sigma Financial Corporation ) CONSENT AGREEMENT
This Agreement is entered into
between the State of Maine Office of Securities (“Office of Securities”) and
Sigma Financial Corporation (“Sigma”), a broker-dealer located in
WHEREAS, the parties agree as follows:
1. At all relevant times, it has been unlawful in Maine for a person to act as a broker-dealer unless licensed or exempt from licensing under the Revised Maine Securities Act, Title 32 Maine Revised Statutes Annotated § 10101 et seq.
filed an application with the Office of Securities for licensing as a
response to the
is the Office of Securities’ position that Sigma has acted as a broker-dealer
6. Sigma has represented to the Office of Securities that the violations were inadvertent oversights.
7. Both parties desire an expeditious resolution of this matter.
NOW, THEREFORE, without trial or adjudication of any issue of fact or law, and without Sigma admitting or denying that its conduct violated the Revised Maine Securities Act, it is agreed that:
1. Sigma will comply with all licensing and other legal requirements governing persons acting as securities broker-dealers in the State of Maine at all times from the date hereof;
2. In lieu of the Office of Securities seeking the imposition of a penalty for the allegations contained herein, Sigma will pay the sum of $5,506.92 to the Office of Securities upon Sigma’s execution of this Agreement; and
3. The Office of Securities will not take further action against Sigma, based upon its unlicensed status during the period preceding and including the date of execution of this Agreement, PROVIDED, however, that this paragraph applies only to those transactions previously disclosed to the Office of Securities by Sigma.
Date Jerome S. Rydell, President
Sigma Financial Corporation
Date Christine A. Bruenn
Date Bonnie E. Russell
Assistant Securities Administrator
Date Cathy J. Williams