Skip Maine state header navigation
OFFICE OF SECURITIES
121 STATE HOUSE STATION
IN THE MATTER OF: )
Merrion Group, LLC ) CONSENT AGREEMENT
(CRD #30145) ) No. 05-069-CAG
This Agreement is entered into between the State of
WHEREAS, the parties agree as follows:
all relevant times, it has been unlawful in
Merrion Group was previously licensed in
3. Merrion Group filed an application for relicensure as a broker-dealer with the Office of Securities on January 18, 2005.
response to inquiries from the Office of Securities regarding additional information
in connection with the firm’s pending broker-dealer application, Merrion Group informed the Office of Securities that it had
effected at least one hundred one (101) transactions for the accounts of two
is the Office of Securities’ position that Merrion Group
has acted as a broker-dealer in
6. Merrion Group has represented to the Office of Securities that the violations were inadvertent oversights.
7. Both parties desire an expeditious resolution of this matter.
NOW, THEREFORE, without trial or adjudication of any issue of fact or law, and without Merrion Group admitting or denying that its conduct violated the Revised Maine Securities Act, it is agreed that:
1. Merrion Group will comply with all licensing and other legal requirements governing persons acting as securities broker-dealers in the State of Maine at all times from the date hereof;
2. In lieu of the Office of Securities seeking the imposition of a penalty for the allegations contained herein, Merrion Group will pay the sum of $7,053.00 to the Office of Securities upon Merrion Group’s execution of this Agreement as restitution to the Maine consumers; and
3. The Office of Securities will not take further action against Merrion Group, based upon its unlicensed status during the period preceding and including the date of execution of this Agreement, PROVIDED, however, that this paragraph applies only to those transactions previously disclosed to the Office of Securities by Merrion Group.
August 9, 2005 s/William B. Wigton, President
Date William B. Wigton, President
Merrion Group, LLC
August 15, 2005 s/Michael J. Colleran
Date Michael J. Colleran
August 15, 2005 s/Bonnie E. Russell
Date Bonnie E. Russell
Assistant Securities Administrator
August 15, 2005 s/Cathy J. Williams
Date Cathy J. Williams