Skip Maine state header navigation
OFFICE OF SECURITIES
121 STATE HOUSE STATION
IN THE MATTER OF: )
Jesup & Lamont Securities Corp. ) CONSENT AGREEMENT
(CRD #39056) )
This Agreement is entered into between the State of Maine
Office of Securities (“Office of Securities”) and Jesup
& Lamont Securities Corp. (“Jesup & Lamont”),
a broker-dealer with its principal place of business in
WHEREAS, the parties agree as follows:
1. At all relevant times, it has been unlawful in Maine for a person to act as a broker-dealer unless licensed or exempt from licensing under the Revised Maine Securities Act, Title 32 Maine Revised Statutes Annotated §10101
2. Jesup & Lamont submitted its application for licensing with the Office of Securities on July 3, 2001.
letter dated August 28, 2004, and in response to a request for additional
information regarding the firm’s pending application, Jesup
& Lamont informed the Office of Securities that the firm has one
is the Office of Securities’ position that Jesup
& Lamont has acted as a broker-dealer in
5. Jesup & Lamont has represented to the Office of Securities that the violations were inadvertent oversights.
6. Both parties desire an expeditious resolution of this matter.
NOW, THEREFORE, without trial or adjudication of any issue of fact or law, and without Jesup & Lamont admitting or denying that their conduct violated the Revised Maine Securities Act, it is agreed that:
1. Jesup & Lamont will comply with all licensing and other legal requirements governing persons acting as securities sales representatives in the State of Maine at all times from the date hereof;
2. In lieu of the Office of Securities seeking the imposition of a penalty for the allegations contained herein, Jesup & Lamont will pay the sum of $3,270.00 to the Office of Securities upon Jesup & Lamont’s execution of this Agreement; and
3. The Office of Securities will not take further action against Jesup & Lamont based upon the firm’s unlicensed status during the period preceding and including the date of execution of this Agreement, PROVIDED, however, that this paragraph applies only to those transactions previously disclosed to the Office of Securities by Jesup & Lamont.
February 28, 2005 s/William F. Moreno, President
Date William F. Moreno, President
Jesup & Lamont Securities Corp.
March 4, 2005 s/Christine A. Bruenn
Date Christine A. Bruenn
March 3, 2005 s/Bonnie E. Russell
Date Bonnie E. Russell
Assistant Securities Administrator
March 3, 2005 s/Cathy J. Williams
Date Cathy J. Williams