Veterinarian means a person who is validly and currently licensed by the board to practice veterinary medicine in this State.
Veterinarian means a person who has received a doctor's degree in veterinary medicine from a school of veterinary medicine.
Veterinary medicine includes veterinary surgery, obstetrics, dentistry and all other branches or specialties of veterinary medicine including all aspects of the "practice of veterinary medicine" under subsection 7.
How to apply
Renewal fees and information
- Annual renewal fee $100.00
- Renews annually on September 30th
- A late fee of $50.00 is assessed for licenses renewed after the license expiration date.
- Licenses may be renewed up to 90 days after the date of expiration upon payment of a late fee of $50 in addition to the renewal fee. Any person who submits an application for renewal more than 90 days after license expiration date is subject to all requirements governing new applicants and is required to reapply with original license application, documentation and fees.
- Renewal reminders are mailed approximately 60 days prior to the license expiration date. It is the licensee's responsibility to keep the Board informed of the current license address and/or to see that the license is renewed absent the renewal application.
- Continuing Education: 24 hours of board approved continuing education is required with renewal in even numbered year.
- Fill out the online renewal application and submit.
The Department must verify that you have met all the conditions for renewal before your license is renewed. Online submission of your renewal application should not be construed as automatic renewal of your license.
September 12, 2013