Real Estate Commission - Links
Websites that may be of interest to you:
- Updated News, Fact Sheets and Recent Publications from the Department of Environmental Protection
- ARELLO (Association of Real
Estate License Law Officials)
- ARELLO National Licensee Database
Nationwide database of licensees by state (including Maine). Inlcudes
license status and expire date,company affiliation, company address
and contact information. Maine's data is updated weekly.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Environmental Protection
Agency's Residential Lead Hazard Standards identify dangerous
levels of lead in paint, dust and soil. Standards may be viewed on
- The US Department of Health
and Human Services, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
publishes information sheets called ToxFAQs that summarize toxicological
profiles for a host of toxic substances and include a general overview
of the substance, how someone might be exposed, relevant toxicological
properties and health effects. ToxFAQs are available online at the
- Link to lead disclosures,
arsenic-treated wood fact sheet and information regarding arsenic
in well water (for use in Real Estate transactions).
- National Fair Housing Advocate
Fair Housing case law, new developments, press releases and more.
- Americans with
Disabilities Act homepage.
- Link to Federal
Trade Commission Consumer Information on Buying and Selling Real
- Federal Trade Commission
- U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
- HUD's Economic and Housing Data Website
May 10, 2013