Manufactured Housing Mechanic
"Mechanic" means a person licensed by the Department of Professional and Financial Regulation engaged in servicing or installing manufactured housing, as defined in section 9002, subsection 7, paragraphs A and C, for compensation and is not a regular employee of a manufacturer or a dealer.
Pursuant to 10 M.R.S.A. §9021(1-A), the Manufactured Housing Board is required to provide initial training in the servicing and installation of manufactured housing to all licensees and applicants for licensure beginning July 1, 2000. Therefore, in order to obtain a license, it is mandatory to attend initial training prior to a license being issued.
How to apply
- Completed Application;
- If the applicant is an out-of-state entity, a duly-executed
power of attorney appointing the Executive Director as its agent
for service of process in this State;
- Proof of products/completed operations liability insurance for
at least $300,000.00 and, where required, proof of workers'
compensation insurance. Liability policy and workers' compensation
insurance must include mandatory notice of cancellation to the
Manufactured Housing Board;
- Evidence of completion of Qualifying (initial) Education Training
- Payment of the $21.00 criminal background check fee. Make
check payable to the Treasurer, State of Maine; and
- Credit Card Application, if authorizing payment of license fee(s).
Get the free Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher to access PDF files.
Renewal fees and information
- Completed Application;
- Credit Card authorization of payment of renewal fee(s);
- A late fee of $50.00 is assessed for licenses renewed afte
rthe June 30 license expiration date;
- Completion of criminal conviction question by indicating yes
or no, and submission of documentation that lists date(s)and
crime(s) and submit a copy of the court judgment(s). If your
answer is "Yes" you cannot file your renewal application
electronically. You must mail the completed renewal application
and the necessary fees along witha copy of the court judgment.
You must also submit a letter listing the date of the conviction,
the crime committed, and explaining the circumstances surrounding
- A person who submits an application for renewal more than
90 days after the June 30 license expiration date is subject
to all requirements governing new applicants and is required
to reapply with original license application, documentation
- Fill out the online renewal application and submit.
The Department must verify that you have met all the conditions for renewal before your license is renewed. Online submission of your renewal application should not be construed as automatic renewal of your license.
November 21, 2013