Frequently Asked Questions - Single-Family Certification

How do I know if a single-family certification is required?

If you are making electrical installations in a newly constructed single-family residence occupied by you as your bona fide personal abode, you can make the electrical installations as long as the installation conforms to standards of the National Electrical Code. The installation requires certification by a State or Local Inspector, Master Electrician or Limited Electrician in House Wiring prior to the activation of electricity by the utility company.

How do I apply for a single-family certification?

Click HERE for a single-family certification application.

If you cannot find the answer to your question, click HERE to send an e-mail message to the Electricians' Examining Board.

Last Updated: December 27, 2013