Trainee Aesthetician , Trainee Barber, Trainee Limited Barber, Trainee Cosmetologist,
Trainee Nail Technician
Trainee means any person who is registered with the program and, under the direct supervision of a person licensed under this chapter in the same category as the training performed and in accordance with program rules, is engaged in learning and acquiring a knowledge of the practice of:
C. Limited Barbering;
D. Cosmetology; or
E. Nail Technology.
How to apply
- License fee $10.00
- Criminal background check fee $21.00
- Aesthetics - 12 months based on license issue date
- Barbering and Cosmetology - 18 months based on license issue date
- Nail Technology - 6 months based on license issue date
Complete and submit the Application for Trainee License with the following information:
- Appropriate fee made payable to Treasurer, State of Maine or pay by credit card by completing the authorization form;
- Proof that you are at least 16 years of age; and
- Proof that you have completed 10th grade or its equivalent.
Get the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to access PDF files.
Renewal fees and information
- Trainee Aesthetician can be renewed and expires 12 months based on license issue date
- Trainee Barber and Cosmetologist can be renewed and expires 18 months based on license issue date
- Trainee Nail Technician can be renewed and expires 6 months based on license issue date
- A person who submits an application for renewal after the expiration date is subject to a late fee of $50.00;
- More than 90 days after license expiration date is subject to submitting a new application;
- More than 90 days after license expiration date is subject to submitting a new application with appropriate fee and a late fee of $50.00 plus penalty fees of $25.00.
Renewal reminders are mailed approximately 60 days prior to the license expiration date. It is the licensee's responsibility to keep the Program informed of the current license address and/or to see that the license is renewed timely even if you do not recieve a renewal reminder.
- Fill out the online renewal application and submit.
The Department must verify that you have met all the conditions for renewal before your license is renewed. Online submission of your renewal application should not be construed as automatic renewal of your license.
May 6, 2014