Landscape Architect means a person licensed by the Department of Professional and Financial Regulation to use the title "landscape architect" or to practice landscape architecture after having met the requirements for licensing. Unless specifically exempted, a license is required to practice landscape architecture in the State of Maine [reference 32 MRSA Chapter 3-A §226 "Exceptions"].
How to apply
- Application fee:
$50.00, whether applying for approval to sit for Landscape Architect Registration Exam (LARE) or qualifying for license through CLARB or reciprocity.
- License fee: $70.00
- Criminal records check: $21.00
General Requirements for All Applicants
- Completed application.
- Credit Card Application if you wish to authorize payment of fees by VISA or MasterCard.
Requirements to Sit for the Landscape Architect Registration Examination(LARE):
- Click here for pathways to qualifications.
- TRANSCRIPTS showing completion of a course of study in a school or college accredited by the Landscape Architectural Accreditation Board or approved by the Board.
- TWO YEARS EXPERIENCE in landscape architecture.
Requirements if Applying by Reciprocity with CLARB Certificate
- CLARB RECORD to be submitted with application.
Requirements if Applying by Reciprocity without CLARB Certificate
- Pathways to qualifications.
- TRANSCRIPT(S) showing completion of a course of study in a school or college accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board, the Canadian Architectural Certification Board or approved by the Board.
- VERIFICATION OF LICENSURE from another state or foreign country in which applicant holds an architect license.
- RECORD OF EXPERIENCE documenting applicant's work experience.
Get the free Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher to access PDF files.
Renewal fees and information
- Annual renewal fee is $70.00
- Late fee of $50.00 is assessed if license is renewed after the expire date.
- This license renews annually on June 30.
- A late fee of $50.00 is assessed for licenses renewed after June 30.
- A person who submits an application for renewal more than 90 days after the license expiration date is subject to all requirements governing new applicants and is required to reapply with original license application, documentation and fees.
- The Board may, at its discretion, waive the examination requirement for applicants applying for reinstatement within two years of the license expiration date.
- Renewal reminders are mailed approximately 30 days prior to the license expiration date. It is the licensee's responsibility to keep the board informed of the current license address and/or to see that the license is renewed absent the renewal application.
- Renewal may be filed online (see below).
- Fill out the online renewal application and submit.
The Department must verify that you have met all the conditions for renewal before your license is renewed. Online submission of your renewal application should not be construed as automatic renewal of your license.
February 26, 2015