Certified General Real Property Appraiser
Certified General Appraiser means a person licensed by the Department of Professional and Financial Regulation to appraise real property of all types.
How to apply
- Application fee: $30.00
- Examination fee: Set by examination vendor.
- License fee: $380.00
- Criminal records check: $21.00
- Hold a valid appraiser license (certified trainee real property appraiser, licensed residential real property appraiser or certified residential real property appraiser) AND
- Complete a cumulative total of three thousand (3,000) hours of experience satisfactory to the Board, 1,500 hours of which must be non residential appraisal work in no fewer than 30 months; AND
- Hold a bachelor's degree or 30 semester hours of AQB required course hours AND complete a cumulative total of 300 hours of appraiser specific education, 15 hours of which must be for Uniform Standards of Practice; AND
- Pass the National Uniform Licensing and Certification Examination.
AQB Core Curriculum
Non-Resident Applicants and Applicants Who Hold a Licence in Another State
- An applicant who is licensed in another state may obtain a license by:
- filing a complete application
- paying the required fees
- submitting a verification of licensure from another jurisdiction
Get the free Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher to access PDF files.
Renewal fees and information
- Annual renewal fee $380.00
- Renews annually on December 31st
- A late fee of $50.00 is assessed for licenses renewed after December 31st.
- An applicant who submits an application for renewal more than 90 days after the license expiration date is subject to all requirements governing new applicants and is required to reapply with original license application, documentation and fees, except that, the Board may, at its discretion, waive the examination requirement for applicants applying for reinstatement within two years of the license expiration date.
- Renewal reminders are mailed 30 days prior to the license expiration date. It is the licensee's responsibility to keep the board informed of the current license address and/or to see that the license is renewed absent the renewal application.
- Continuing Education: 14 hours of Appraiser Qualifications Board approved continuing education is required for renewal which must be completed within the current license term. The 7-hour Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) must be completed in the even year as part of the 14-hour requirement.
- Fill out the online renewal application and submit.
The Department must verify that you have met all the conditions for renewal before your license is renewed. Online submission of your renewal application should not be construed as automatic renewal of your license.
November 14, 2013