Skip Maine state header navigation
Skip All Navigation
|Home | Contact Us | Careers | Calendar|
>> All Consent Agreements in Alphabetical Order
>> All Consent Agreements in Date Order
Zenith Insurance Company (“Zenith”), the Maine Superintendent of Insurance (the “Superintendent”), and the Maine Office of the Attorney General hereby enter into this Consent Agreement, pursuant to 10 M.R.S.A. § 8003(5)(B), to resolve without an adjudicatory hearing issues arising out of Zenith’s failure to respond to an inquiry of the Superintendent.
1. The Superintendent is the official charged with administering and enforcing the insurance laws of the State of Maine.
2. Zenith is a California stock insurance corporation with a principal place of business in Woodland Hills, California, and has been authorized by the Superintendent pursuant to 24-A M.R.S.A. § 414 to do business in the State of Maine as a workers’ compensation insurer.
3. On February 17, 2004, Bureau of Insurance Workers’ Compensation Division Supervisor Frank Kimball wrote a letter on behalf of the Superintendent, requesting that Zenith provide certain information regarding its insurance activities in Maine. Although the letter reminded Zenith of its obligation to reply within 30 days, Zenith did not do so, and admits that its failure to provide a timely response is a violation of 24-A M.R.S.A. § 220(2).
Zenith, the Superintendent, and the Office of the Attorney General agree as follows:
4. This Consent Agreement is entered into in accordance with 10 M.R.S.A. § 8003(5)(B) and is not subject to review or appeal. This Consent Agreement is enforceable by an action in the Superior Court.
5. Zenith agrees to the imposition of a civil penalty of $200, pursuant to 24-A M.R.S.A. § 12-A(1).
6. In consideration of Zenith’s execution of and compliance with the terms of this Consent Agreement, the Superintendent agrees to forgo pursuing any disciplinary measures or other civil or administrative sanction
7. The parties to this Agreement understand that nothing herein shall affect any rights or interests that any person not a party to this Agreement may possess.
8. Zenith understands and acknowledges that this Agreement will constitute a public record within the
9. Zenith has been advised of its right to consult with counsel, and has consulted with counsel before executing this Agreement.
10. This Consent Agreement may be modified only by a written agreement executed by all of the parties.
Personally appeared before me this day Lori Granato, and signed this Consent Agreement in my presence.
Eileen M. Powell
FOR THE OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
BY THE SUPERINTENDENT OF INSURANCE
Last Updated: October 22, 2013
|Copyright © 2006 All rights reserved.|