Individual Health Insurance
What You Need To Know
By March 31, 2014, all individuals must have a “qualified health plan” (QHP).
- QHPs are organized by metal level: Bronze, Silver and Gold, and Catastrophic.
Note – Catastrophic plans are only available to individuals under the age of 30 or to individuals who qualify for a “hardship exemption.”
- The Guide to Individual Health Insurance Brochure offers more information on choices and where to go for assistance.
- The Individual Health Insurance Health and Dental page provides an overview of the plans and insurance company contact information.
- The Individual Insurance Plans and Contacts page provides links to plans and insurance company contact information.
- There are many people and agencies able and willing to help you sort out your options. Visit our Getting Help page.