Mileage and Other Travel Information
(Per Collective Bargaining Agreement) at http://www.maine.gov/oer/contracts/index.htm
ARTICLE 30. EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT (2013-2015)
Please Note: These rules remain in effect until the release of an updated Collective Bargaining Agreement.
A. Mileage Allowance:
- Effective January 1, 2009, the mileage allowance will be increased to forty-four cents ($.44) per mile.
(This rate will continue until the collective bargaining process deems a change.)
- Effective July 1, 2007 Employees who are disabled and use their own personal adapted vehicle on State business, shall receive the current mileage reimbursement plus an additional ten cents ($.10) per mile.
- The State retains the right to require employees to use State vehicles in lieu of mileage reimbursement.
B. Extended Day Meal Allowance:
- A traveler may be reimbursed for meal expenses only after the traveler is in travel status for two hours beyond the traveler's regularly scheduled working hours for any one day. The two hours may consist of hours occurring during or after, or a combination of both during and after the traveler's regularly scheduled working hours for the day.
- Allowed Breakfast ($5.00) or Dinner ($14.00) depending on the time of Extended Day. Anything over $8.00 requires a receipt.
- This requirement is not applicable to the reimbursement provisions of Subsection 10.40.70 of SAAM (meals when not in travel status.)
See Travel FAQs for Extended Day examples.
C. Telephone Allowance:
- An employee away from home overnight on the business of the State shall have the right to one (1) five (5) minute telephone call per night. When the employee is away from home overnight for two (2) or more continuous nights, that employee may aggregate the above five (5) minute period into (1) or more telephone calls as long as the total time used does not exceed the total time allowed.
- An employee who reports to work and then is required to work unscheduled overtime shall have the right to one five (5) minute telephone call to notify a member of his/her household.