Professional Assistive Technology [computer hardware, software and services] are available for Maine State Government Agencies through a qualified service provider — mainelyaccess.com
Mainely Access Inc. provides the following services through a contract in Word Format administered by Maine OIT.
- Assessments/Evaluations of Individualized Technology Requirements, on site
- Training in the use of Adaptive Hardware and Software
- Workplace Integration of Accessible Technology
- Recommendations for computer hardware and software - delivery, setup, support & training
Assistive technology is an umbrella term that includes assistive, adaptive, and rehabilitative devices for people with disabilities. This includes the process used for selecting, locating, and actual use.
Assistive technology promotes greater independence by enabling people to perform tasks that they were formerly unable to accomplish, or had great difficulty accomplishing. This is done by providing enhancements to, or changing methods of interacting with, the technology needed to accomplish such tasks.
Mainely Access Inc. is a company founded in 2004 and staffed by rehabilitation professionals who have provided adaptive technology services to over 1,000 individuals within the state of Maine. With Master's Degrees in Special Education, and Certifications in Low Vision Therapy, Rehabilitation Teaching and Orientation and Mobility, the staff of Mainely Access Inc. brings the highest level of professionalism to the services they provide.
The Mainely Access Contract is available online in Word Format.
How to contract for Assistive Technology services?
- Contact your agency EEO Representative.
- Your EEO will contact Mainely Access Inc. to coordinate evaluations.
- Mainely Access Inc. will conduct an evaluation, recommend products, provide estimates, and invoices to the requesting agency.
- Your agency pays the invoice using Delivery Orders or a procurement card.
- Agencies use the OIT Footprints workspace to manage Assistive Technology product requests, setup and delivery.
- Direct your questions about the ordering process to your agency’s procurement group when using this Master Agreement.
|Contact Service Catalog Webmaster||
Page last modified: February 16, 2016