This service consists of a combination of centrally managed hardware and Unix based software that houses and controls server and application software and common (networked) data and supplies it to the individual workstations (clients), and provides shared services (access to internet or other networks, printing, etc.).
Benefits for users
- A standardized, dependable cost effective server environment that meets the businesses needs.
- Steady predictable costs.
- Enterprise monitoring from a single location
- Reporting and alerting capabilities.
Normal coverage is 7AM – 5PM, Monday – Friday. To initiate 24x7 (or any other expanded) coverage, the business unit will need to provide a written business justification to OIT. Once justification has been approved, OIT will work with the business on a service level agreement for the specific systems.
Service Components Included in the Base Price:
- Network connection/connections
- Facilities management (secure datacenter, UPS, generators, HVAC)
- Operating disk setup with mirroring, no application data will be saved to local server drives
- Proactive monitoring of host system log
- On-site UNIX administration for RedHat Linux and Oracle Solaris
- Operating system backup with off-site rotation at Iron Mountain
- Operating system recoverability plans documented and tested quarterly (for new implementation, existing system available upon request)
- Server administration support staff, these are your operating system experts
- Server procurement and management
- Patch management
- Unix operating system support (Solaris and Redhat Linux)
- Application hosting services (hardware, operating system and security model)
- Vendor installation assistance
- Unix server security hardening in accordance to security best practices and compliance with the State of Maine security policy.
- Hardware monitoring
- WebNM monitoring (Hardware monitoring by default and Server Services and log monitoring are available upon request)
- 24 x 7 data center monitoring/coverage for systems with this business need available
What is not included in the base price that are requirements:
- Support and Maintenance contracts for hardware and software. Core Technologies will manage, procure and charge these items back directly to agencies using the servers.
- Initial server cost or replacement cost options:
- Charge back option - monthly charge for 4 years
- The monthly amount is determined by the cost of the server, divided by 48 month for the standard depreciation time. There is a 10% charge to cover procure cost that is added to the monthly charge not to exceed $2,500.00
- One time payment (i.e. a one time grant or project funding source available for the cost of the server)
Options Available for Additional Charge:
- Any storage needed for the application is available at the storage published rate
- The cost of third party software products needed by system or application teams and yearly maintenance & support of such products
- Fiber channel cards for network attached storage
- High availability options are available
- Server virtualization in Solaris Zones. (currently in research & development stage for RedHat Linux, rate will be developed once pilot stage is reached)
- Non-standard operating system support
For this service are in the OIT rate table
Service Level Targets & Agreements:
The standard production published service level agreement can be viewed at the following link: Standard_SLA_CTS_Production Services. A formal SLA has not been developed specific to this service.
How to Obtain Service:
- Call Customer Support at 624-7700
- Enter a Foot prints service request assigned to the Unix team
- Request assistance at one of the regular scheduled meeting with Core Technology leadership
How to Escalate Service Issues:
- If the published SLA is not met, the issues can be escalated to the next priority level by any of the following methods:
- Call Customer Support at 624-7700
- Contact Unix team lead/Production services manager or Production services director
- David Johnson, Supervisor of the Unix team
- Sharon Horne, Production Services Manger for Unix, Oracle and Enterprise storage
- Mary Silva, Production Service Director
Customers (users) responsibilities:
- Application support
- Disclosures of any/all business requirements for specific applications.
- Disclosure of any/all security requirements for specific applications.
- In the event that OIT has a need for equipment to be located in buildings outside of its main data centers, access to these buildings will need to be granted to support staff during normal business hours. If there is a 24x7 requirement for this equipment or any system supported by this equipment access to the building will need to be 24x7.
- Application and 3rd party product subject matter experts and tester available to support installations efforts, upgrades and any outages, both during business hours and outside normal business hours.
- Identification of application and 3rd party product subject matter experts including contact information for storage within WebNM.
- OIT uses Saturday’s and Sunday’s for a routine maintenance window, testers and/or subject matter experts will need to be available when the maintenance impacts the application.
|Contact Service Catalog Webmaster||
Page last modified: October 17, 2014