Oracle Hosting (Database and Applications)
This service consists of centrally managed hardware and Oracle software. This environment consists of a variety of oracle products which include but are not limited to the database, application server and web server. This environment houses enterprise and agency applications that are utilized via the web and/or client/server to workstations statewide to service the public and state agencies needs.
Benefits for users
Oracle Hosting provides high performance, availability and support to the State's Oracle applications in an efficient, shared hosting infrastructure. Both Intranet and Internet access is allowed. Advantages include:
- High Performance
- High Availability / Support for 24x7
- Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery
- A number of new Oracle RAC environments which include High Availability Production, Pre-Production and Development using Oracle 11gR2. The Production and Pre-Production environments will also provide additional High Availability and Disaster Recovery via Data Guard.
Standard office coverage is 7:00AM - 5:00PM Monday through Friday. Our on-call rotation extends our support coverage through evening, weekend and holiday hours to 24x7 for Production systems. Pre-production support is during standard office hours only unless special arrangements have been made.
Cost of Service:
Rates charged for this service are in the http://www.maine.gov/oit/services/rates.shtml
Charges are calculated per database, and billed per application (an application may have multiple databases). Rates are based on "usage factors" that vary depending on the number of concurrent sessions, the amount of storage space that is used and whether the application requires a cold standby replica. To obtain information on the usage factor for a specific database or application or to get for more detailed information on rate options and pricing please contact Application Hosting Services supervisor, manager or director.
To get help or get information about obtaining support:
- Call Customer Support at 624-7700
- Enter a Foot prints service request assigned to the Oracle or Oracle Application Server team(s)
- Request assistance at one of the regular scheduled meeting with Core Technology leadership and the Technology Business Consultant for your area
- For application projects (new projects or major enhancements or upgrades), contact the OIT Project Management Office (PMO) to get started
- If the published SLA is not met, the issues can be escalated to the next priority level by contacting any of the following individuals:
- Contact an Application Hosting Services supervisor, manager or director
Glenn Sutton, Supervisor of the Database team
- John Hawkes, Supervisor of the Middleware team
- Paul Bizier, Oracle RAC Hosting lead
- Sharon Horne, Application Hosting Services Director
- For after hours escalation (or if you cannot reach anyone above):
Call Customer Support at 624-7700 Ask for the Core Technology Service Duty Manager, and request a service escalation
- Server housing costs (power, backup generator, UPS, network connection, operational monitoring, etc.)
- All hardware purchase and maintenance costs when utilizing the full Oracle stack
- All software licensing and maintenance costs for products included in the Oracle Unlimited License Agreement (ULA). See final section of this document for details.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control and all available Management Packs for monitoring and management
- Core Database Support and personnel costs
- Core Middleware Support and personnel costs
- All core middleware administration functions, including application deployment and configuration, upgrades, quarterly patches, etc.
- Full Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) Backups with 10-year retention (see details in our standard service level agreement)
- Full Restore / Recovery services in the event of disaster, simple hardware failure or database corruption
- All core database administration functions, including database instance creation, configuration, upgrades, quarterly patches, disk space layouts, expansions, etc.
- Up to two scheduled pre-Production database refreshes per week per database (more frequent refresh needs? Talk with us about using Oracle Streams.)
- Performance tuning assistance and advice
- Customer Support Center for Problem Reporting
- All services provided under our Standard Service Level Agreement, available on the State of Maine Intranet web site
- Individual users follow state IT use rules and policies, including all security policies.
- A contact person and backup are designated to interface with the OIT team
- Any issues or problems with this service are reported to the OIT team as promptly and with as complete information as is feasible.
More Detailed Product Description:
Services provided include:
Customers (users) responsibilities related to this service include assuring that:
Service Level Agreements:
Service Level Targets: Production services published services level agreement can be viewed at the following link:
|Contact Service Catalog Webmaster||
Page last modified: October 17, 2014