Public accessible digital geographic data produced by the GIS Executive Council, and Maine GeoLibrary Board.
Benefits for users
- Enterprise GIS database provides single point of access for spatial data
- SDE software provides contiguous aerial photo coverage
- Governance of the environment provided by the GIS Stakeholders Group
Availability: Normal, default coverage is 8AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday. In order to have 24x7 coverage, OIT needs to receive a written business justification. Once justification has been approved, OIT will work with the business on a service level agreement for the specific systems.
Service Components Included in the Base Price:
- Hosting of GIS base data
- MEGIS data catalog access
- Base data web services
- User support
Options Available for Additional Charge:
- Hosting of agency-specific data
- Mass "dump" of GIS data to external drive (such as orthophotos)
Rates charged: for this service:
Please see the OIT rate table:
- Database access - currently these services are provided by legislative appropriation, but may be borne by users in the future.
- For data "dumps" to external drives of orthophotos (MrSID format tiles or TIFF files) a flat fee of $500, and the customer must provide appropriate sized external hard drives. For other data "dumps", the cost will be billed hourly based on publish OIT rates.
Service Level Targets & Agreements:
- SLA has not been developed for this specific service.
To get help and or order this service:
- Submit a request for service to OIT Customer Support: Call the Service Center at 624-7700 or-mail your request to email@example.com
- For data catalog access just go to http://megis.maine.gov
How to Escalate Service Issues:
- Contact State GIS Manager
Maine Office of GIS
Customers (users) responsibilities related to this service:
- Must have GIS software which supports either ArcSDE or WMS (limited capabilities with WMS) installed.
|Contact Service Catalog Webmaster||
Page last modified: October 17, 2014