File and Print Services
This service provides shared (networked) printing and centralized file storage and retrieval for networked workstations. Files may be set up to be accessed by one or many users.
Benefits for users
- Ability to share printer and file storage resources seamlessly
- A standardized, dependable cost effective server environment that meets the businesses needs.
- Steady predictable costs.
Normal coverage is 7AM – 5PM, Monday – Friday. To initiate 24x7 (or any other expanded) coverage, the business unit will need to provide a written business justification to OIT. Once justification has been approved, OIT will work with the business on a service level agreement for the specific systems.
Service Components Included in the Base Price:
- Server (centralized main computer) procurement and management
- 2GB storage per user to store files. If a user is assigned multiple devices, there will be only one file services charge. Agencies may “pool” individual storage to preclude excess storage charges if some users do not require 2 gigabytes.
- Network connection/connections
- Facilities management (secure datacenter, UPS, generators, HVAC)
- Operating disk setup with mirror
- Operating system backup with off-site rotation
- Primary and secondary server administration support
- All OIT overhead costs (facilities, personnel, etc.)
- Patch management
- OS support
- Virus protection
- Security - server hardening
- Hardware monitoring (HP insight manager)
- WebNM monitoring (Hardware monitoring by default and Server )
- Operating system backup w/ off-site rotation
- 24 x 7 data center monitoring/coverage
Options Available for Additional Charge:
- Any storage, local or network attached, in excess of 2GB will be charged the storage published rate
for this service are in the OIT rate table:
Service Level Targets & Agreements:
The standard production published service level agreement can be viewed at the following link: Standard_SLA_CTS_Production Services. A formal SLA has not been developed specific to this service.
To learn more about this service or to order this service:
- Call Customer Support at 624-7700
- Enter a Foot prints service request assigned to the OIT Application Server team
- Request assistance at one of the regular scheduled meeting with Core Technology.
How to Escalate Service Issues:
- If the published SLA is not met, the issues can be escalated to the next priority level by any of the following methods:
- Call Customer Support at 624-7700
- Contact the Core Technology Service Duty Manager
- Contact Production Service Manager
- Production Services Windows Server, Citrix, File & Print and SQL Server Services
- firstname.lastname@example.org ~ 207.624.7548
Customers (users) responsibilities:
- Disclosures of an/all security requirements
- Individual agencies are responsible to acquire and maintain printers.
- Core Technology needs to maintain a “maintenance window”. This allows for routine maintenance on the backup infrastructure components.
- In the event that OIT has a need for equipment to be located in buildings outside of its main datacenters, access to these buildings will need to be granted to support staff during normal business hours.
- If there is a 24x7 requirement for this equipment or any system supported by this equipment. Access to the building will need to be 24x7 as well as 24 hour network support is required for the building. Physical access to the hardware is required by OIT for the maintenance time period.
|Contact Service Catalog Webmaster||
Page last modified: January 11, 2012