Important Group Tour Information
*There is no admission or program charge for school
* Determine which of the programs and tours your
group would find most interesting. Go To
* Select three dates: a preferred date and two alternates
for your visit.
* Completely fill in the FORM
and simply click send. We will confirm your date, either the first
choice, or an alternate, by mail. If you prefer to print out the
form and mail it, please click HERE.
This form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't have it,
you can find Acrobat here.
* Plan to arrive for your first tour on time. Groups
arriving late may lose the opportunity for a complete tour or
* Each group should have one (1) adult for each
ten (10) children. Adults must stay with their groups at all times.
* Make photocopies of the tour confirmation letter
for each adult supervisor.
* The Maine State Museum has a museum store which
offers educational materials and souvenir items.
* Eating, drinking and smoking are not allowed in
any exhibit area.
* Buses may not unload or park directly in front
of the museum. If the State House parking lot is full, buses must
move to the bus parking area after dropping off the group at the
designated stop. Go To Map
* If you must cancel your trip, please advise the
Museum as soon as possible.
* Springtime is a very busy season for school group
tours. If you would like more individualized attention, please
schedule your visit for another time.
* Make arrangements in accordance with local school
board policies for dealing with emergencies which might require
a child to be seen by a doctor or to be hospitalized.
Examples: obtaining travel and emergency
care permission slips and telephone numbers of parents/guardians.
* The Maine State Museum is working to comply with
all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If any
participants need a special accommodation, please contact the
Museum at least two weeks before the planned visit to allow us
the time necessary to respond to the requested accommodation.